Monday, July 23, 2012

The Perfect Woman

Yesterday my wife asked me to envision the perfect woman and then make a list of her virtues. She pleaded with me to have an open mind and not let it become a list of virtues she has or a list of virtues I wished she had. Here is what I came up with; order has no significance.
  • Loving, capable of being a mother to anybody, but not pron to spoiling
  • Faithful, spiritual, prayerful
  • Graceful
  • Intelligent in conversation, but not determined to win arguments
  • Humorous, but not raucous
  • Musical
  • Humble, but not shy or awkward
  • Confident, but not prideful
  • Capable of leading, but never desiring to [1]
  • Understanding of human emotions
  • Socially proper
  • Organized but no OCD
  • Capable of cooking every day without the family tiring of her food [2]
  • Frugal
  • Long hair [3]
"A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband" - Proverbs 12:4

[1] The wife in Legacy is the best example I can think of. She's able to take charge when she needs to.
[2] This doesn't mean she has to cook every day, just that she could if needed to.
[3] I added this after my wife pointed out that I didn't have any physical attributes in the list. I didn't think I needed any, but then I realized I always envision good women as having long hair.

No comments: