Sunday, May 4, 2014

Your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth

One day, when I was about 16, I was particularly troubled about something. I retreated to my bedroom to petition the Lord for relief. I said a prayer then opened my scriptures and began reading where I had previously left off at D&C 97. Afterwards, I knelt down and prayed again then left my room to continue on with my day. I was only a few steps out of my room when an impression from the Spirit told me to go back and continue reading the scriptures. I cannot describe how overwhelmingly strong the feeling was. I do not remember questioning it; I don't remember wondering where it came from nor whether I should listen to it. The instant I felt it, I turned around and returned to my bed to continue reading. I opened up to D&C 98 and read the first three verses:
Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.
I was astounded. "Your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth." I could not deny that my prayers had been heard after that powerful answer. It was a pivotal experience in the development of my faith. Since then, I have not doubted that God hears all of our prayers.

No comments: